Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
2 cups of flour
2 teaspoons of baking powder
¼ teaspoon of salt
½ cup of Tnuva Butter, softened
3/4 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
½ cup of milk
2 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
1/3 cup of cocoa powder
3 tablespoons of Tnuva Butter
½ cup of milk
2 cups of shredded coconut
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8×8 square baking dish with baking paper
2. In a clean bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, place the butter and soften with a mixer. Add in the sugar and mix together for 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla extract, and mix again.
4. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir well. Then, add ¼ cup of milk into mixture and stir together. Repeat using the remainder of the flour, butter and milk, and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the baking pan and use a spatula to smooth out the batter. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the cake is golden brown. Test whether the center is fully baked using a toothpick; make sure the toothpick comes out clean.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Then, remove the cake from the pan and set it upside down to fully cool on a cooling rack.
7. Once fully cooled, slice the cake into small cubes. Transfer into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for several hours.
8. To prepare the icing, set up a double boiler and heat up the powdered sugar, cocoa, butter and milk and mix them together into a thick sauce. Remove from heat.