Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 90 minutes
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 heaping teaspoon thyme
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch coarse black pepper
2 narrow long eggplants, thinly chopped
2 zucchinis, thinly chopped
4 tomatoes, thinly chopped
2 sweet potatoes, thinly chopped (optional)
1 package Tnuva Goat Cheese, cut into small pieces
¾ cup Tnuva Muenster Cheese, finely chopped
1 ¼ cup Tnuva Kashkaval Cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the thyme, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
3. Brush the vegetables with the spiced oil mixture. Arrange the slices of goat cheese and vegetables in the baking dish. Assemble so that the various vegetables and cheese are evenly distributed.
4. Cover pan with foil and bake for one hour.
5. Remove from oven and remove the foil. Sprinkle with Edam and Kashkaval cheeses. Return to oven uncovered for another 30 minutes, or until the cheeses are golden and begin bubbling.
VARIETION: For a fuller meal, you can prepare this dish on a bed of bulgur wheat. Soak half a cup of bulgur wheat in 1 cup of boiling water for 15 minutes, allowing it to soften. Remove the excess water, if necessary. Combine the bulgur with sliced onion and 4 tablespoons of chopped olives. Press this mixture into the bottom of the pan, and arrange the vegetables as described above.