BERRY CHEESE TART
BERRY CHEESE TART
By: Efrat Lichtenstadt
Prep time: 1 hour
Yield: 12 slices
1 ¼ cups flour
1 3.5-ounce package Tnuva Unsalted Butter cold and cut into squares
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
¼ cup very cold water mixed with 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1/2 of 8-ounce carton heavy cream
6 ounces frozen mixed berries
1 cup Tnuva Quark Creamy Soft Cheese (9% fat)
2 cups Tnuva Premium Cheese Spread, Original Flavor
3 tablespoons vanilla instant pudding
⅔ cup powdered sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
Optional: 2 cups fresh fruit sliced, meringue cookies
1. Prepare the tart shell: Put flour, butter and powdered sugar in food processer and pulse until the mixture is the consistency of crumbs. Add the water with the vinegar a spoonful at a time, just enough for the crumbs to stick together into large chunks (you might not need more than 3/4 of the water). Press the dough into a ball and then flatten. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest in the fridge for about an hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350 ºF. Grease the baking pan.
3. Place the cold dough onto a floured surface and roll out to a disc that is 1/2″ thick and 12″ in diameter. Transfer the disc to the greased pan, pressing down and up the sides. Trim excess dough. To blind bake the shell, crinkle a piece of baking paper, then place on top of the crust and cover with beans (to serve as weights). Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. Carefully remove the paper with the beans and bake for another 7 minutes, until the crust is golden. Cool to room temperature.
4. Prepare the filling: Whip the heavy cream until peaks form. Set aside. Place the berries and quark cheese in a food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer to a mixer bowl and add the Tnuva Premium Cheese Spread, vanilla pudding, powdered sugar and salt. Beat until smooth. Carefully fold in the whipped cream.
5. Fill the tart shell with the cream filling. Garnish with sliced fruit and meringue if desired.
Tip: To save time, use Maadanot Frozen Rolled Short Dough for Sweet Pastries.