Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
1 package Maadanot Rolled Short Dough for Sweet Pastries, thawed according to directions on the packaging
1 container Tnuva Labaneh
1 container 95% fat free Tnuva Quark Creamy Soft Cheese
½ cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of frozen orange juice concentrate
Zest of half of a lemon
1 teaspoon of corn starch
2 medium-sized eggs
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°F. Grease an 11-by-7-inch rectangular pan and line the bottom and the sides with baking paper. Grease the pan so that the paper sticks firmly onto the pan.
2. Open thawed Maadanot Rolled Short Dough for Sweet Pastries and cut in half, using only half for the cake. Flatten and stretch the dough so that the dough fits into the pan.
3. Press the dough into the pan and prick the pastry dough with a fork. Cover the dough with foil and bake for 12 minutes on the middle oven tray. Remove the foil, lower the oven temperature to medium heat and bake for another 6 minutes, or until lightly golden.
4. Meanwhile, whip Labaneh and Quark cheeses with sugar, vanilla extract, orange juice concentrate and lemon zest until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add in cornstarch and eggs, then beat until smooth.
5. After removing the pan from the oven, pour the cheese mixture onto the dough. Return the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese mixture has stabilized.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and cool completely. Cover and chill for at least 6 hours.