Servings: makes 20 rolls
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
7 cups flour
½ cup Tnuva butter
2 cups milk
2 tablespoons dry yeast
½ tablespoon salt
½ cup of crumbled Tnuva Cheddar Cheese
1 egg (for coating)
1. Put all the dough ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix it with the kneading hook for about 5 minutes.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rise for about 30 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
3. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
4. Prepare a muffin tray and make 20 small balls of dough. Place each ball into one of the grooves of the muffin tray.
5. Let rise for about 15 minutes or until the rolls have almost doubled in size.
6. Brush each roll with some egg and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake rolls for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
Optional: Make Chessy Challah! Divide the dough into 20 balls and split each ball into 3 equal parts. Roll each part into a long strip. Stick 3 strands together at the top and braid them into one challah. Place each challah 1/8 inch apart on a baking sheet. Let the completed challahs rise for about 15 minutes or until the rolls have almost doubled in size.