Servings: Makes 24 rolls
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: About 20 minutes
For the dough:
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
¼ cup Tnuva Butter
9 oz Tnuva Quark Creamy Soft Cheese Spread, 5%
¼ cup Tnuva Butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
½ cup powdered sugar
1-2 teaspoons milk
To prepare the dough:
1. Blend together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the vanilla sugar and stir. Add the butter and cheese and mix until a solid, flexible dough has formed.
2. Divide the dough in half. Roll out each portion of the dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour until slightly firm.
To prepare the filling:
1. Whip together the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and cocoa powder. Add 1 egg and a pinch of salt. Make sure to beat well.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Line a shallow baking dish with baking paper.
1. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to make a rectangle of about 14 inches by 11 inches. Brush the dough with one beaten egg. Gently pour half of the filling batter onto the dough, leaving about 1½ inches of dough along one of the sides.
2. Gently and tightly roll the dough. Cut 12 slices of about 1 inch thick. Evenly space the slices down on the baking dish.
3. Bake in the center of the oven for 15-18 minutes, until the dough is golden brown. Remove from the oven and remove the cake from the pan while it is still hot. You can separate each roll with a knife if necessary. Transfer to a cooling rack
3. Mix powdered sugar with a little bit of milk until the glaze is the right consistency to make a drizzle. Transfer to a small plastic bag, cut a small hole in the corner and drizzle the glaze on top of the cake.
Tip: This cake can be prepared and frozen. Pack well in a sealable box.