By: Chef Halavan
Prep time: 40 minutes
1 ½ cups of all-purpose white flour
2 teaspoons of vanilla sugar
½ tablespoon of dry yeast
2 oz of softened Tnuva butter
½ cup of lukewarm milk
1 large egg
1.5 liters (50.7 fl. oz.) of frying oil for deep frying
For serving and coating
About 80 medium-length wooden sticks
De La Crème Hazelnut with cocoa cream
De La Crème Halva Cream
1. Mix flour, vanilla sugar and yeast in the mixer bowl. Add butter, milk and eggs, and knead for 8-7 minutes. Gently add more flour if needed to get soft, supple and smooth dough that almost doesn’t stick to hands. Transfer the dough to a different bowl, cover with plastic wrap and leave it in a warm place for about 1-2 hours until the dough doubles in volume.
2. Beat in the dough to get out the air bubbles. Transfer it onto a lightly floured work surface. Roll it out to 0.5-inch thick sheet. Using a small cup or a round cookie cutter, cut it into circles (about 1-inch in diameter) and arrange them on the tray, leaving enough space between each circle. Repeat the process until you’ve used up all the dough.
3. Heat frying oil in a deep pot over medium-high heat. Fry the dough circles in the hot oil – the number of circles that can be fried together depends on the size of the frying pan – until they swell and turn golden brown on all sides. Remove the mini donuts from the oil and let dry on paper towels.
4. Transfer the De La Crème Halva and Chocolate/hazelnut spreads into two nice bowls, put sprinkles in the third bowl.
5. Option one: put each mini donut on a stick and dip the top semi-sphere of the donut in De La Crème, and then in sprinkles. Serve. Option one: Turn this part into a fun family activity! Serve plain donuts on the stick along with the De La Crème and sprinkle-filled bowls. Let everyone dip their own donuts the way they want.