Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 70 minutes
4 large kohlrabi
Olive oil for greasing the pan
1 package Tnuva Edam Cheese Slices, cut into small pieces
¾ package Tnuva Edam Cheese Slices, cut into small pieces
¾ package Tnuva Crumbled Feta
¾ cup sour cream
1 cup grated tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup chopped basil leaves
1 teaspoon salt
1. Cook the kohlrabi in a large pot of water for about 25 minutes or until soft. Cool, peel and slice thinly using a mandolin.
2. Preheat oven to 350 ⁰F and grease an 8” baking pan.
3. Put the cheeses for the filling in a bowl and mix well. In a second bowl, combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well.
4. Place a double layer of kolrabi slices on the bottom of the pan. Cover with 1/3 of the cheese filling and 1/3 of the sauce. Repeat this process two more times. Sprinkle the Edam cheese pieces on top.
5. Bake for 40 minutes until the cheese on top is brown and bubbly. Serve hot.