Recipe: Jamie Geller, Joy of Kosher
Perfect for BBQ season, this classic Yemenite bread is the greatest variation of bread out there. These frozen Tnuva versions only need to be pan fried and are easily filled. Throw it on the grill and bring the Mediterranean to your back yard.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Hard boiled eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line three baking sheets with baking paper.
2. Place onions and mushrooms on one of the prepared baking sheets.
3. Drizzle with oil, chili powder, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
4. Roast at 400°F for 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
5. Remove from the oven and mix in cilantro.
6. Lay out tortillas on the remaining two prepared baking sheets.
7. Divide beans evenly and spread on one side of each tortilla.
8. Top with cheese and mushroom and onion mixture.
9. Fold over tortillas to enclose filling.
10. Bake at 400°F for about 20 minutes or until just browned.
11. Cut each quesadilla into 4 triangles.
Gluten Free: Swap brown rice for whole-wheat tortillas. Layer rice, beans, and mushroom and onion mixture. Top with cheese and bake until melted.