Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
1 roll of Tnuva Frozen Rolled Puff Pastry Dough , defrosted
2 cups of 3% milk
3 tablespoons of Tnuva Butter
½ cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
2 ½ tablespoons of corn starch
A pinch of salt
2 eggs, separated
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
A dash of cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 330 degrees. Line an 8-inch round baking dish with puff pastry dough and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside and let cool.
2. In a medium saucepan, mix together 1½ cups of milk with 3 tablespoons of butter and bring to a gentle boil. Once this mixture comes to a boil, mix in the vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, place the sugar, flour, corn starch, 2 egg yolks, a pinch of salt and remaining ½ of milk. Stir together until the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
4. Stir half of the hot milk into the flour mixture. Once blended, pour the whole mixture back into the saucepan and stir continuously on a low flame for about 4 minutes until the mixture is creamy, smooth and thick. Let the cream cool for 5 minutes.
5. In a clean bowl, place the egg whites and beat until they form soft peaks.
6. Fold the eggs white into the cream mixture and gently blend. Pour this mixture onto the puff pastry dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.