Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
3 ½ cups of flour
¼ cup of sugar
½ teaspoon of dry yeast
1 ¼ cup of 1% milk, lukewarm
2 tablespoons of Tnuva Butter
1 egg, at room temperature
Oil for frying
8 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1. In a small bowl, mix together yeast, milk and eggs.
2. In a separate bowl, mix half a cup of flour with the sugar. Then add in the yeast mixture and blend together. Add in the remaining flour and continue stirring until the dough is elastic
3. Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in volume.
4. On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about ½ an inch think. Make circles using a medium-sized cookie cutter.
5. Place the dough patties onto a well-floured baking tray and let them rise again until they have doubled in volume (about an hour).
6. Heat up oil in a medium saucepan and fry the dough patties until they are golden on both sides.
7. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon and coat the sufganiyot with the mixture.