By: By: Ines Shilat Yanai Photography: Afik Gabai Design: Noa Kanerik
Prep time:60 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
2.1 oz (60 g) of Tnuva butter, melted
2.1 oz (60 g) of powdered sugar
8.9 oz (250g) of Tnuva 9% Quark Cheese
3.5 cups of self-rising flour
Canola oil for frying
7.0 oz (200 g) of dark chocolate
Ingredients for coating:
1 container of creamer or whipped cream (optional)
Colorful/ chocolate sprinkles (optional)
1. In a bowl or a mixer, place all the doughnut ingredients and mix until you have a uniform mixture. Cover with clingfilm and transfer to the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
2. After 20 minutes, remove the mixture from the fridge and roll it out over a well-floured surface until you have a flattened dough with the thickness (heights) surface of ½ inch-1 inch (approx. 1.5 cm)
3. Cut large circle shapes out of this dough, then cut smaller circles from the original large circles (using you tool of choice).
4. Heat up the canola oil until it’s extremely hot and place each circle carefully into the pot of oil. Let it float, and fry until golden brown on each side. (This will happen quickly if you’ve let the oil heat up properly).
5. Place the fried doughnuts on a plate and let them cool slightly until room temperature.
6. In the microwave, carefully melt the dark chocolate with 3 tablespoons of oil(in a microwaveable bowl). Take out and mix until smooth. Dip one side of each doughnut into the chocolate so it’s coated. Transfer the doughnuts to the freezer for cooling.
7. Beat the creamer or whipped cream in a bowl until slightly firm then place in a piping/icing bag with a star shaped nozzle, (optional).
8. Remove the donuts from the freezer, pipe a star-shaped ring around each doughnut and sprinkle them with the sprinkles of your choice, (optional).