The Perfect Cronut
The Perfect Cronut
By: Chef Halavan
Prep time: 40 minutes
Oil for deep frying
1 pack (900 grams) of frozen yeast dough, thawed according to the instructions on the package
30 grams of Tnuva USA Butter, softened
1. Open the dough roll and slice it on the counter, cutting into 3 equal parts.
2. Spread half the butter over one part, and then place another portion of the dough over it.
3. Spread the rest of the butter over that and place the last part of the dough on top. Press it down gently and tighten.
4. Use a cookie cutter to make circles out of the dough, and in the middle of each, make a small hole. Leave them to rise for half an hour. Heat oil in a pot, place a circle of dough into the boiling oil for 3-4 minutes, until it is browned. · Turn it and fry on the other side for 2-3 more minutes. Remove from the oil and let cool.
5. It is recommended to fry, but you can also bake the cronut at 180 degrees until nicely browned.
Dulche de Leche, banana and coconut:
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup milk jelly
3 tablespoons roasted coconut
1. Beat the cream and powdered sugar together using a mixer.
2. Slice the bananas.
3. Cut each cronut in half and spread the filling generously.
Sprinkle over whipped cream and arrange slices of bananas.
5. Close the top with the other half of the cronut and drizzle over the mounds of whipped cream.
Lemon Cream Filling:
1/3 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 cup of sugar
50 grams of Tnuva butter, cut into cubes
2 lemons peels grated, for lemon zest
One container of cream.
100 grams of powdered sugar
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
• Boil water in a medium saucepan. When the water is boiling, place a bowl above it(Ben-Marie) with eggs, lemon juice, sugar, lemon peel and butter cubes.
· Whisk into a uniform mixture and cook while stirring until you get a smooth, thick cream in the texture of pudding, about 10 minutes. For a smooth cream without lumps, transfer the cream through a sieve to a clean bowl.
• To prevent formation of a crust, place a plastic wrap on top of the cream and cool in a refrigerator a few hours before serving.
• When the lemon cream is cool, whip the sweet cream in a clean bowl until firm. Add the lemon cream and, with a spatula, gently fold into a uniform mixture. · Place the lemon cream in a dripping bag.
When they are still warm, cut the donuts is a crisscross and spread filling with a knife. Be precise. Repeat for all the donuts.
To prepare the glaze: In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until smooth and thick. Pour the lemon glaze over the cronuts, then sprinkle fruits over it and serve immediately.
White glaze (1 cup powdered sugar + 2 tablespoons of milk, mixed together to the texture of ointment
Chocolate ganache (250 grams dark chocolate + 1 container white sweet cream, heated together to dissolve
Prepare a bowl with the chosen coating (white glaze, chocolate ganache, sugar powder, or plain sugar)
Dip the top of the cronut in the chosen coating, and place upside down. Serve near preparation.