By: Inbal Lavi
You’ll need 2 baking tins: 9’’ and 6’’.
Prep time: 45 min
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CAKE BASE:
3/4 cup and 1 tbsp flour
1 cup and 2 tbsp ground almonds
1/4 cup and 1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp lemon peel
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup Tnuva butter, cut into cubes.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHEESE AND WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
5 tsp of kosher gelatin
1 cup and 1 tbsp of water
2 cups white chocolate, chopped
2 cups of mascarpone cheese at room temperature
1/2 cup of Tnuva Quark Creamy Soft Cheese 9%
2 cups of Tnuva Original Cheese Spread
1 tbsp vanilla extract; pinch of salt
3 cups of heavy cream
3/4 cup and 1 tbsp of powdered sugar. For decoration: seasonal fruit and edible
Place all the base ingredients in a food processor until large chunks are formed.
Transfer 2/3 of the dough to the large tin and press it down. Transfer the remaining
dough into the small tin and press it down as well. Put both tins in the refrigerator
for about an hour. Heat the oven to 350 °F. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until browned,
remove from oven and let cool.
Cheese and white chocolate mousse:
1. Mix gelatin with water and set aside for 5-10 minutes until the gelatin absorbs
the water. Melt the white chocolate. Let it cool down a bit.
2. Stir the mascarpone in a large bowl until softened. Add the Tnuva Quark Creamy
Soft Cheese and Tnuva Original Cheese Spread, the vanilla extract, a pinch of
salt and stir. Add the melted white chocolate and mix well until smooth.
3. Heat the gelatin mixture in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds until the
lumps are dissolved. Add a few tablespoons of the cheese mixture and stir. Pour
into the cheese bowl gradually and stir until mixed well.
4. Whip the cream with the powdered sugar into stiff whipped cream. Mix into the
5. Pour 2/3 of the mixture into the large tin and the remaining 1/3 into the small
tin. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours.
Assemble the cake:
6. Remove the cakes from the baking tins. Decorate the smaller cake with seasonal
fruit and flowers, and place it on top of the larger cake just before serving.