Yield: 2 large pizzas
Prep Time: 1 hour +
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
½ tablespoon dry yeast
1 ¼ cups water
1 jar pizza sauce
7 ounces Tnuva Edam Cheese Slices, cut into small pieces
2 zucchinis, sliced thinly
10 pitted olives
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for sprinkling
1. Put all the crust ingredients, except for the water, in the mixer with the dough hook. Mix on low speed.
2. Add the water very slowly, increasing speed to medium. Continue kneading for 5 minutes until you have a soft dough.
3. Transfer the dough to a large, greased bowl. Cover with cling film and let rise in a warm place for about an hour.
4. Divide the dough into two equal parts. Shape each part into a ball and put on a baking pan with greased parchment paper. Cover and let rest for about 15 minutes. Heat the oven to 480 ⁰F.
5. Using your hands, press the dough into a round shape, about ¼ inch thick.
6. Spread 6-8 tablespoons tomato sauce on each circle of dough. Sprinkle the cheese and arrange the zucchini slices and olives all around. Season with salt & pepper and bake in the heated oven until the edges are brown and crisp and the cheese is bubbly.
7. Remove from oven and sprinkle some olive oil on top. Serve immediately.